Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

the Day I saw the World

On the day that I saw the world.
For the first time, frightening, I so feeble,
So wide and big and filled with people.
I, weeping for the loss of the cocoon that shielded,
They, rejoicing for the gain of a one so awaited.
The questions in mind as they hoisted me high,
A doctor, lawyer, writer or why!
Even a president, their dreams did fly.
                                                  
In the twenty odd years that have come and gone,
And the sorrows and joys I have seen and borne,
In this, I remain thankful, most of all to You,
Lord most high, without you I’d be in a stew.
Even when I am in the wrong,
Your grace is there to keep me strong.
And my family, support of my existence.
Thank you so much for your love and persistence.
I frustrate you a lot. Yes I do.
But you’re all my favourite boos.
To my friends both near and far,
Know that you are always dear to my heart.
And though I may not call and text adlib,
I should hope we will meet in a better place anon.
With this I say happy birthday to me.
With hopes and prayers many more to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment